BUCKET TRAPS are specially designed according to the flight behaviour of coconut pests Red palm weevil and
Rhinocerous beetle. This trap is a 5 liter polypropylene bucket with two rectangular windows below the rim of
the bucket. It has a lid with a pheromone holder at the lower side to hold pheromone and kairomone dispensers.
The outer surface of the bucket trap is rough with small projetions to help the weevils cling to the trap and enter.
The color of the bucket trap also is selected based on the maximum catch rates towards brick red color.
Physical Dimensions of the Trap
Bucket mouth dia
Bucket base dia
Bucket lid dia
Color: Brick red
No of windows: 2 rectacngular
- Rhynchophorus ferrugineus
- Oryctes rhinoceros
Yellow for whitefly, leafminer, aphid and fruit fly & Blue for thrips
- Try to place the traps in borders so as to attract them away from palms
- Never tie the bucket traps to palm trunks
- If the traps are placed near young palms the palms are to be treated with insecticides as prophylactic measure
- The bucket is to serviced once a week. The water level should be maintained in the bucket.
- If the trap catch is nil then the lures can be taken back and then use when necessary.